Just be creative every day. Again and again and again......... Lots of fun doing this.......

dinsdag 31 juli 2007

Day 9

Day 9
Fox Septet.

A bit late, I hope to get day 10 later today at my blog. But I dusted this a bit, maybe I can inspire someone, maybe myself as well………………….

The Septet is a poem, containing seven lines. The French word Sept can be found in it, which means a seven line poem with a syllable pattern 3 – 5 – 7 – 9 - 7 – 5 - 3.

Fox Septet is like the cinquain butterflies, a Septet that has been fused together into one stanza, dropping one of the 3 syllable middle lines - i.e. 13 lines with
a 3–5 –7–9 - 7–5–3–5 –7–9- 7–5 –3 pattern).

I took the cinguain as sample. I thought, what is possible with a cinquain is als possible with a septet. I invented it somewhere in 2005.

Cinquains in the form as defined by Adelaide Crapsey, a five line poem with a syllable pattern of 2-4-6-8-2.

Cinquain butterflies (a mirror cinquain that has been fused together into one stanza, dropping one of the 2 syllable middle lines - i.e. 9 lines with a
2-4-6-8-2-8-6-4-2 pattern).

A few cinquains I wrote:
Word-cinquain

The
Last days
Of the summer
A nice relaxing time.
Autumn.
©Rita B.Fox.

Syllable-cinquain

I see
my little girl
playing in the water
till it is much to cold for her.
Poor girl!
©Rita B.Fox.

And the worst thing is I never wrote a Fox-Septet myself.

Love and hugs,
Rita

Geen opmerkingen: